For some more grounded stories and ideas, please feel free to explore Rosie's Words Words Words.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I'm Just A Nerd (with profound apologies to No Doubt)

Take this dumb team cap off my head
I'm exposed and like the walking dead.
Don't you think I know that we aren't all the same.
This world is forcing me to watch the game.

'Cause I'm just a nerd, a little 'ol me
Well don't let me have my own thought
Oh I'm just a nerd, all wimpy and free
So don't let me choose what I bought

Oh...I've had it up to here!

The moment that I step outside
So many reasons for me to run and hide
I can't do the little things I hold so dear
'Cause it's all those little things that they fear

'Cause I'm just a nerd, and I'm glad to be me
'but they won't let me drive in starflight
Oh I'm just a nerd, guess I'm some kind of freak
'Cause they all sit and stare with their eyes
Oh I'm just a nerd, take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype

Oh...I've had it up to here!

Oh...am I making myself clear?

I'm just a nerd 
I'm just a nerd in the world...
That's all that I want to be!

I'm just a nerd, living in captivity
Your rule of thumb makes me worry some 
I'm just a nerd, what's my destiny?
What I've succumbed to is making me numb

Oh I'm just a nerd, no apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
Oh I'm just a nerd, lucky me
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison

Oh...I've had it up to!
Oh...I've had it up to!
Oh...I've had it up to here!


image from www.jameshance.com

No comments: